Monday, September 29, 2008

Satanic's Witchhunt

Read this website on Satanism and this website on Satanist tolerance.

When you visit the websites, their information explains the beliefs, quotes, books, summonings, and has egroups for discussion if you want to talk to other Satanists. What I'm getting at here is: The beliefs of Satanists are not "evil" or "crazy". It's all about self-empowerment. This website, basically, is an info site, and when your viewing it. I would please ask you to clear your mind of everything you know about hell and satan to understand everything to the fullest.

20 comments:

harleybob42 said...

It is pretty crazy, and I have to admit that I had the wrong idea about Satanism too. However even though I do disagree with you, I also disagree with the persecutors, because they are simply being closeminded and believe only their preconceived notions. Even though I was one of them, I didn't take the time to research it for myself, I just went off of what other people said, thus contributing to the witch hunt.

Schaff's Blog said...

I don't know if this is even a witch hunt. I don't believe in this and I don't really care to know about it. Again, I don't think it is right for people to try and stop people from practicing their chosen religion, but can you even call this a religion?

*frostyjoe* said...

I dont think this is a witch hunt because i dont really want to know about it. like emily said i dont think its right for people to stop other from what type of religion they want to practice.

wrestling125 said...

I don't think this is a witch hunt because it could be about a cartoon all i know. And i dont believe in this either.

shooter 64 said...

I don't believe in Satanism so it's kind of hard for me to comment on this. I don't think that it's a witch hunt. Religion comes in again as a part of witch hunts.

Becca said...

Well I tried to remain open minded, and I did learned some things but I DO NOT agree with them at all. I learned about Satanists' point of view but I don't agree with it. I don't really see how the actual religion is a witch hunt, however. Only if there was evidence of them being discriminated against and harmed in some way for their beliefs. While I do think that Christians critisize them (me included, I have to admit), it isn't really a witch hunt unless they are somehow harmed for practicing this religion.

Emma said...

Okay, so I believe myself to be a very open minded person, but I couldn't do it. I visited the site but didn't agree. I don't really view this as a witch hunt, just because it is a differnt form of religion, if you can call it that. I think it is wrong, but I can't tell these people what to believe.

kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kate said...

It's really hard for me to read this with an open mind being a Catholic. Therefore it is kind of hard to comment. I don't really believe that these website show enough evidence to prove that Satanists are being persecuted for their beliefs.

123Rage(oake) said...

I agree with everyone else. I could barely read that website without feeling like i had just bought a one way ticket straight to hell (which to me ISN'T a good thing). I understand that that's their religion & okay that's what you believe, but i don't think they're being hunted. like everything else, just discrimination against differences. guilty as charged.

Anonymous said...

I really don't see what everybody's complaining about? It's just a religion and we shouldn't discriminate against them. Now I myself don't really believe this to be a good thing, but neither is Christianity (don't ask, please. I really don't want to get into it anymore), or half of the other religions. A witchhunt? Um, not really. I think it's just discrimination and stereotypes. Christians are very quick to stereotype other religiosn, and that's gotta be the one thing that really torks me off about it. What others believe in is their own concern, and everybody should respect it.

Kristen Suchor said...

Sorry i can't blog about this website. I don't think that this is a witch hunt. I do not believe in anything this website stands for.

Rach Waldo said...

I’m not sure if this is a witch hunt. I don’t believe in this though. I still believe you shouldn’t be forced to believe in religion. Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs.

trombone_girl2010 said...

No matter, what anybody believes in, they shouldn't be persecuted in any way, shape, or form. Just because they believe in Satan, doesn't mean they are any less of a person. Jamie Werner

Crazeh said...

Wow...did I have it wrong. I mean, I'm sure their are some out there that abuse the religion, because it happens everywhere...but this was an eye-opener. I feel pretty bad. Preaching about not being biased, then finding out I'm as bad as the rest. That stings a bit. But really, putting aside the whole 'Satan is evil' thoughts that were drilled into my head the best I can, what they say makes a lot of sense.

~Red Curls~ =] said...

I agree with you that, like many religions, people have misunderstood Satanism. Many of the people of this religioun our not evil, but just as good of person as Christians. This is definately a witch hunt against them! (good sites!)

Flint's owner said...

Interesting views on this topic I can see almost all the sides of your arguments and I'm not sure.

Archangel(Kenton) said...

Ok i'll go with it. Yes satanics are ripped on, but most of the world's religion has a devil. Devil=Evil in most cultures so these people would be hated by many.

Austin J. Whitley said...

Just because people practice a different religion than you do, doesn't mean you have to hate them. Just accept the fact that people are different and have different likes then you do. Great Witch hunt example.

Chaz said...

Again a informative piece on how to be with hunted ant it is very true that satanists are wrongly accused they are not evil just different good blog.